- You are traveling to Brazil as a visitor
- Your intended stay in Brazil does not exceed 90 days
- You hold an American, Australian, Canadian or Japanese passport
Please note! All visitors are required to present a print copy of their e-Visa before boarding their flight to Brazil and upon arriving on Brazilian territory.
Transit visa allows a person(s) to layover in Brazil on their way to their final destination. Visas aren’t required for a person passing through Brazil, assuming they abide by the following conditions:
A) He / She doesn’t attempt to pass through Brazilian immigration control.
B) He / She has a single air ticket, including tickets from two plus airlines with a cooperation agreement.
To complete the application, all travelers must upload the following:
- Passport data (bio) page, an example can be seen here.
- Photo – International standard, examples can be seen here.
All applicants must have a machine-readable passport that is valid for a minimum of one month from application date.
We recommended all passports are valid for the entirety of the stay and one month beyond in case of unforeseen circumstances. (The e-Visa service is not available to children endorsed on their parents’ passport).
If the applicant is under 18 years of age, then additional supporting documents must be given:
- Authorization Letter signed by both parents/ Legal Guardian. You can download the Authorization Letter here.
- Passport page of Parent 1/ Legal Guardian 1
- Passport page of Parent 2/ Legal Guardian 2
- Birth Certificate
- If only one parent/legal guardian is selected, then the applicant must submit any valid document giving reasoning why both parents’ approval is not given – e.g. death certificate, sole custody document etc.
|Both Parents||Parents’ passport biodata pages |
Authorization letter signed by both parents
|Single Parent or Legal Guardian||Parent 1 / Legal Guardian 1 passport biodata page |
Any valid document giving reasoning why both parents approval is not given
A passport-size photo must follow ICAO Standards:
- Minimum photo dimensions: 413 x 531 pixels
- File format – jpeg or jpg
- The photograph must be taken from the front, against a white background.
- The applicant’s face and shoulders must be centred and he/she must be looking into the camera.
- No reflections, shadows or glares.
- The applicant must have a neutral face and eyes must be open and visible
- If you wear glasses, the lenses may not reflect the ambient light into the camera. Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses or thick frames are not acceptable.
- Headgear or hats are not acceptable, except for religious reasons. Regardless of the reason they cannot prevent a perfect view of the face of the applicant.
- Children cannot appear with any items or be held by their parents.
Examples of photographs can be seen here.